No matter how you prefer your cup of coffee, there’s no denying the single-serve brewing trend is piping-hot. According to a 2014 National Coffee Association coffee drinking trends survey, 29% of respondents who drank coffee said they used a single-cup brewer, up nearly 50% from the previous year. Brewing at home is about to become even more appealing as GE introduces an industry first: the GE Café Series refrigerator with Keurig K-Cup Brewing System.
GE’s new refrigerator technology, an evolution of its Cafe French door refrigerator unique hot water dispenser, paired with a Keurig K-Cup single-cup brewer, meets the growing consumer interest. From leaders innovating to change the industry, this breakthrough evolution will take consumer convenience and versatility to a whole new level.
The key features of the new GE Café refrigerator with Keurig K-Cup Brewing System include,
– fresh, filtered water every time with no need to refill
– the built-in system frees up counter space, something that’s a premium in many kitchens, and the Keurig K-Cup brewer is dishwasher safe
– first-of-its-kind water filtration system, tested and verified by an independent third party to remove 98% of 5 trace pharmaceuticals from water
– GE connected technology, allowing consumers to preset the brew time via their mobile device so the water in the reservoir is ready and waiting
– water dispensing flow rate and temperature designed to make the optimal cup of coffee, tea or other single-serve beverages
– Energy Star certification, meeting minimum efficiency standards for refrigerators and freezers and using as much energy as a cell phone does to charge overnight
– opportunity to brew over 400 varieties of Keurig K-Cup beverages from 60+ major brands, including the top 10 best-selling coffee brands in America, including: Folgers, Maxwell House, Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, Eight O’Clock, Community Coffee, and Peet’s Coffee and Tea
Made in Louisville, Kentucky, the Café French door refrigerator with single-serve Keurig K-Cup brewing system will be available in stainless steel. With an MSRP of $3,300, it will be available in the 3rd quarter of 2015 wherever appliances are sold. GE Appliances.