Kalamazoo has introduced the first dishwasher designed to perform outdoors. Remember when you had your last cookout and afterwards you and all of your guests carried the plates, pots and pans indoors to be put in the dishwasher? Those days are now a thing of the past. Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet, the leading manufacturer of high-end outdoor kitchen equipment, announced today at the Architectural Digest Home Design Show the introduction of the first outdoor dishwasher specifically designed to work outside and withstand the harshness of the elements. It features a unique wash system designed to clean dishes that have been sitting outdoors or pots and pans that have been over the heat of a grill fire.
At $4,990, the outdoor dishwasher will be available for purchase in summer 2011 through the network of dealers that carry Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet equipment, certified design professionals or directly at Kalamazoo. The outdoor dishwasher offers a host of technologies that make doing the dishes after a cookout convenient, fast, and easy,
Flexible. The outdoor dishwasher was designed with an extra large tub to accommodate the special demands that come from cooking and serving meals outdoors. Its adjustable-height dual rack system offers maximum flexibility. Able to be moved up and down to handle some of the biggest pots and serving platters, it features a maximum clearance space of 15¼” inches between each rack. It is capable of holding 12 place settings at once, features adjustable tines for more loading flexibility and offers protection for delicate items. The top rack has two adjustable stemware shelves and up to five rows of glassware storage.
Powerful. The outdoor dishwasher’s wash system has highly-focused spray zones that ensure the whole load gets totally clean and eliminates the need for pre-rinsing dishes. Specially designed spray nozzles maximize the use of minimal amounts of water to target distinct areas within the dishwasher, focusing increased spraying power on hard-to clean items such as cutlery and pots and pans.
Efficient. Green, clean and smart, the outdoor dishwasher features technology that doesn’t waste water. It uses as little as 3.8 gallons in a wash program, ensuring the optimum water level is used for each load. Sensors detect when the quantity of water matches the selected wash program, automatically adjusting water levels even if a flipped-over bowl fills with and reduces some of the available wash water.
The only dishwasher specifically designed to work outdoors offers,
– stainless steel exterior and interior are low maintenance and durable
– protected electronics and wiring last through the coldest winters, hottest summers
– simple winterization steps allow it to be stored outdoors, even in the coldest winters
– easy installation; outdoor-rated electrical power cord, water supply (PEX) hose and drain hose connected at the factory
– holds up to 12 full place settings
– height adjustable upper rack gives a 7 ½” to 9″ clearance
– upper rack offers fold-down stemware supports for wine glasses
– wide tines on lower rack, dedicated left-side spray system for large items
– 6 wash programs and 6 wash temperature settings up to 160°F
– triple filtration system ensures clean water throughout wash cycle
– internal flow-thru heater system provides accurate wash and rinse temperatures
– uses as little as 3.8 gallons of water per load with specials sensors determining the appropriate amount of water use for each load
– water safety protection system consists of 16 different features and components to ensure a leak-safe dishwasher
– quiet operation at 48 dB(A)
– clean exterior design integrates with a wider range of project aesthetics, complements weather-tight cabinetry and forced-air refrigeration styling
– UV protected control panel hidden on the top of the door